const, final, scope function parameters

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Mon May 28 05:05:38 PDT 2007

Walter Bright Wrote:
> Regan Heath wrote:
> >> Because it knocks people for a loop - gives a bad first impression.
> >
> > Have these people tried using it, in the beta itself?
>
> No. But you can't get people to try something they take an instant
> dislike to.

I don't want to offend these people you're referring to but I find their attitude quite .. how to put this .. closed minded and suggest you find people more willing to try new things .. like me! and basically everyone here in the NG.

After all D is a new thing (relatively speaking) so everyone here is willing to try new things.  And I think the generaly consensus is that we're all willing to try this new 'const scope final' by default thing and see how it goes.

Regan Heath