Survey numberof posts on newsgroups

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Wed May 30 01:22:33 PDT 2007

Jan Hanselaer wrote:
> Hello There
>
> I'm writing sometheing about the D programming language and I say the  D
> community is still growing and growing and to proof it I refer to the
> increasing number of posts on the newsgroups. But it's not that I actually
> know "in numbers" that it is really growing ... Is there somewhere a survey
> of the number of posts on the newsgroups? So I can proof it with real data
> ;-)
>
> Thanks
> Jan

Ben hinkle's pages had a graph.  If you could get a hold of him, maybe
he could share with you the code he used to generate the graphs.

http://home.comcast.net/~benhinkle/dnews.html

I don't know that # of posts really reflects # of users as well as # of
unique names you find per year.  # of posts is interesting too, though,
since it does give an idea of the amount of time people are spending on
D.  Both numbers are useful for getting a picture I think.

--bb