PHP-style (embedded variables) print statements

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 04:57:33 PDT 2007

"Don Clugston" <dac at nospam.com.au> wrote in message
news:f3lt8d$2je5$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Note that unlike a tuple solution, it does not cause any template bloat.
> Also doesn't have some of writefln's pitfalls (the case where a string
> contains a % character).

You can't print out the string using %s?

> Opinions? Is something like this worth considering as an alternative to
> writefln, and to Tango's C# formatting and whisper syntax?

Not to burst your bubble, but I've just never found variable interpolation
to be all that useful, mostly because it's not really obvious (unless you
have some kind of fancy code highlighter) when something's being
interpolated, and because there's already syntaxes that look fine to me.
Some people like it though.