DMD 1.022 - Error after upgrading from 1.021

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Thu Nov 1 02:08:27 PDT 2007

Don Clugston wrote:
> Simen Haugen wrote:
>> After upgrading I get the following error
>> Error: 'QuadPart' is not a member of 'LARGE_INTEGER'
>>
>> I found someone had the same issue with 1.021
>> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/announce/DMD_1.021_and_2.004_releases_9767.html#N9786
>>

>> When looking at winnt.d I cannot understand what is wrong....
>>
>> union LARGE_INTEGER {
>>  struct {
>>   uint LowPart;
>>   int  HighPart;
>>  }
>>  long QuadPart;
>> }
>>
>> Does someone know a workaround for this?
>
> It's a regression in 1.021 which hasn't been fixed yet.
> If you're using the files from the Windows header project, upgrade them
> for the svn repository. There's a workaround for this issue.

For those *not* in the know, like me, the Windows header project is at
dsource.
    http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/wiki/WindowsApi

I was planning to post what the actual workaround was too, because I
need to apply it to Schooner to get it compiling again, but DSource is
down right now... so I'll have to find out what the fix is later.