Full closures for D

David Medlock noone at nowhere.com
Sat Nov 3 06:01:49 PDT 2007

Craig Black wrote:
>> It's not an optimal solution because the "does the function escape"
>> heuristic captures too many functions.
>
> You could let the programmer specify explicitly whether or not to make a
> function a closure or not, maybe with a key word or something.

First,  great job Walter!  I have been just lurking for some time but
you are polishing and improving things nicely.  Long live D!

As far as closures go,  would it have been possible to just copy the
whole stack frame to the heap and update the references?  GC would
eventually reclaim it, no?

-David