Once Again, Feature Request: Nested classes in separate scope

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Tue Nov 6 02:21:33 PST 2007

downs wrote:
> Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> I think this could be done with the announced "alias foo this;" syntax.
>> (just declare a Foo in Bar and import its namespace)
>>

> Yes, but part of the point of the proposal is to avoid using the has-a
> relationship in situations where it's inadequate or flat out wrong (the
> Window doesn't own the WindowManager, it's the other way around). Sorry
> if I'm misunderstanding an OO concept here.

Isn't this the same modal as you often see in UI code, where a window
"has a" parent window.  The parent window could be said to own the child
window but the child still "has a" parent.

I'm not sure "has a" necessarily implies ownership, this may be the
point which is bothering you?

I have a home, but my landlord owns it.

I have a job, but I dont own any shares in the compay.

Regan