DxErr.lib

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 07:13:04 PST 2007

"Sascha Katzner" <sorry.no at spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:fgpgn7$un9$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Anyone has an idea how to convert DxErr.lib (from the DirectX SDK) from
> COFF to OMF? It is not an import library, so coffimplib.exe only says:
>
>> d:\D>coffimplib.exe DxErr.lib -f
>> Error: not an import library
>
> It seems it implements at least:
>> DXGetErrorString DXGetErrorDescription DXTrace
>
> BTW @ Walter: Please rewrite OPTLINK, so that it understands OMF
> directly... pretty please with a cherry on top. ;-)
>
> LLAP,
> Sascha Katzner

If all you need is DXGetErrorDescription, don't bother, it's kind of
pointless.  Even if you use DxErr.dll from the Clootie graphics page, it's
still a ~600KB DLL.  I have no idea why it's so huge.  Instead, you can grab
the GetDXErrorDescription function from
http://www.dsource.org/projects/nonagon/browser/trunk/nonagon/core.d.