An interesting observation

Bruce Adams tortoise_74 at yeah.woo.co.uk
Fri Nov 9 01:02:47 PST 2007

Bedros Hanounik Wrote:

> did you guys ever had to work with TCL.  it causes brain damage just by reading the code.

TCL has been my main scripting language for a long time. I find its syntax simple and consistent its easy to embed and easily embedded. That's TCL 8.0 and higher though. The old 4.X, before the byte compiler, was a bit horrid. I never went near that. But even that is much cleaner than the typically hacked out perl ever was. If java hadn't come out when it did we could be looking at TCLlets instead of java applets. Scriptics (the sun spin off developing it) becoming Ajuba (some sort of web service company) really didn't help.

Regards,

Bruce.