An interesting observation

renoX renosky at free.fr
Sat Nov 10 23:14:44 PST 2007

BCS a écrit :

> http://www.sysprog.net/quotcob.html
>
> Historically, languages designed for other people to use have been bad:
> Cobol, PL/I, Pascal, Ada, C++.
> The good languages have been those that were designed for their own
> creators: C, Perl, Smalltalk, Lisp. (Paul Graham)
>
> can we add D to this list?

I like Ada.
I don't like Perl at all.
Plus Pascal wasn't really designed for other people to use, but for
teaching purpose, which explain that the 'true Pascal' was quite limited
in scope and that dozen incompatible variants were created to fill the
void, which would eventually kill Pascal.

So I don't find this quote very accurate..

renoX