Const: what do you want to achieve (proposition...)?

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 13 04:13:16 PST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 10:03 AM, Gilles G. <schaouette at free.fr> wrote:
> So, what do you think?

It doesn't distinguish between const and invariant.

If the function is a member function, it doesn't tell me if the class
instance (this) will be modified.

But apart from that, I kinda like it. Of course, there have been
various requests for const-by-default in the past (including from me),
and also various requests for multiple return values (although I
believe we can do that now, with a slightly different syntax, using
value tuples), so I'd say the proposition has arisen before. (Just,
maybe not all at once). It's unlikely to happen though.