Win32 API Tango / using what ?

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Tue Nov 13 14:02:46 PST 2007

BLS wrote:
> Confused ... Tango is not in sync. with  the latest efforts of the
> WINAPI community. no kernel, mm, bla bla, gdi+, and so on

We originally tried to use the headers provided in the bindings project
on dsource, but ran into too many problems.  They contained a ton of
errors (at the time--they may have since improved), and in some cases
contained duplicate declarations (winsock vs. winsock2) that were too
troublesome to sort out.  As a result, we ended up using a set of
headers someone else supplied to us instead.  They've done the trick so
far, but I won't go so far as to claim that they're perfect or complete.

I have my hands full just dealing with the Posix headers.  If you or
someone else wishes to volunteer to sort out the Win32 headers for
Tango, that would be great.

Sean