std.stream.Stream.writeable

Bruce Adams tortoise_74 at yeah.who.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 01:15:04 PST 2007

Don Clugston Wrote:

> Bruce Adams wrote:
> > meter (a measuring device) versus metre (a unit of measurement)...
>
> Indeed. It's a bit bizarre to insist on changing the spelling of a unit which
> you don't even use...
> >
> > http://www2.gsu.edu/~wwwesl/egw/jones/differences.htm

Actually we are mostly metric. A few imperial measures live on due to convention (miles) and a couple of things are done both ways. Milk legally has to be labelled in litres (thanks Brussels) but we all know we buy it by the pint. We're a bit schizophrenic about weight. Sometimes Kg and sometimes Lbs.