std.stream.Stream.writeable

Bruce Adams tortoise_74 at yeah.who.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 07:19:38 PST 2007

Janice Caron Wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2007 9:15 AM, Bruce Adams <tortoise_74 at yeah.who.co.uk> wrote:
> > > Indeed. It's a bit bizarre to insist on changing the spelling of a unit which
> > > you don't even use...

> > Actually we are mostly metric.
>
> I believe the complaint here was that America changed the spelling of
> metre, despite the fact that America does not use the unit. That we
> Brits use it is not in dispute.

A fellow Brit I never knew! If there are more of us, perhaps we can have a D conference
in the UK.
Fair point. I assume laziness why have two spellings for two words that sound the same.
Okay one person's laziness is another's parsimony (and to another person a teachers foolish mistake responsible for splitting one language into two - dialects notwithstanding)