Phango

Alexander Panek alexander.panek at brainsware.org
Thu Nov 15 23:53:05 PST 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:09:55 +0000
"Janice Caron" <caron800 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Of course, it does not use Phobos...
>
> Mine does. I specifically do not use Tango's object.d, nor anything in
> Tango's std. I'm importing phobos and my bastardised version of Tango
> simultaneously.

Actually, the core of Tango is in tango.core - the std/ folder is just
there because DMD requires the intrinsic module to be there, IIRC.

Just curious: why don't you use Tango and the freestanding functions of
Phobos (AFAIK most of them interface with C, anyways - which can be
done in Tango, too, of course)? I suppose that would be less work to
achieve the same goal (oh, and btw, you'll have a less buggy
runtime.. /me hides.)

Kind regards
--
Alexander Panek <alexander.panek at brainsware.org>