std.stream.Stream.writeable

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 16 06:12:42 PST 2007

On 11/16/07, Jarrett Billingsley <kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Simple.  When you add -shian, drop any final consonant.  Same goes for
> "taktik" -> "taktishian", "musik" -> "musishian", "praktis" ->
> "praktishian", "fizik" -> "fizishian", "politik" -> "politishian"...

Hmm...

Nuclear: I can see Americans writing "nukyular" and Brits writing "nyuklia".
Schedule: I can see Americans writing "shedyool" and Brits writing "skedool".

And what about "February" versus "Febyuary".

All that would happen is, instead of arguing about the correct
spelling, we'd instead by arguing about the correct pronunciation.

(And can you honestly see agreement on how to write the vowel sounds?
Hell, some people's /names/ would have to change their spelling
depening on who was speaking! Unless we can somehow mandate that
everyone must speak with the same accent!)