std.stream.Stream.writeable

torhu no at spam.invalid
Fri Nov 16 06:18:21 PST 2007

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> Anywhere a c is used, some other letter kould be used.  Well almost.  ch is
> kind of an exseption.  But hard c is /k/, soft c /s/.  Kome on, let's get
> rid of this 'c' nonsense.

Latin didn't use K, except for in some imported words.  I think they got
it from the Greek letter Kappa.  The Romans just used C for the hard
sound, S was the soft sound, just like you said.  So from an historical
point of view, it's the K that should go.  Latin also didn't originally
have separate letters for u and v, or for i and j.  It's no accident
they look so alike.  X was a fancy way of writing 'gs' or 'cs'.  So it's
all pretty random. :p