"-inline" is bad!

Sascha Katzner sorry.no at spam.invalid
Fri Nov 16 10:00:21 PST 2007

Hi,

I've just found out the hard way that it is really not wise to just
rebuild the changed files in a project when using "-inline", because D
is also inlining funtions from other files/modules and when you change
such a file without rebuilding the file in which it was inlined the
changes will not be in the resulting executable.

Just wanted to mention this, perhaps I can save some people hours of
debugging. Perhaps Walter could include a warning in the documentation
of this parameter. ;-)

LLAP,
Sascha Katzner