Phango

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 10:31:50 PST 2007

Sean Kelly Wrote:
> D 1.0 is in maintenance mode now, so Phobos 1.0 isn't likely to change
> much, if at all.  D 2.0 is obviously still in flux, and Phobos 2.0 has
> already incorporated some of Tango's changes.  It is uncertain what the
> final result of the merge will be for D 2.0, but from a code perspective
> it is more likely that Phobos 2.0 will end up effectively using the
> Tango runtime than vice-versa.  This is because everyone seems to agree
> that the Tango runtime is a bit more robust.

I translate that to mean that the merge of Tango and Phobos relies on the Phobos developers to do the work.  Is Phobos being actively matured?  My previous impression is that Walter was doing both that and compiler internals... with most time dedicated to the latter.

Is there a timeline when 2.0 versions of phobos and tango will be compatible?  How will the pieces be partitioned?  Will tango be released with new dmd versions?  Will both libraries adopt the same style (naming conventions, capitalization, etc...)?