Phobos sockets

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 17 00:03:50 PST 2007

I've used std.sockets. It was actually very easy to use. I would
definitely recommend that.

If you already understand the C API, then learning the D API is a
piece of cake, and the end result is /much/ nicer code. I mean - it
uses classes for Walter's sake! C only uses functions and so feels
very old and clunky by comparison.

There is a fourth option. Tango also has sockets. I've got absolutely
no idea how to use them, but they're definitely there. I can't
recommend that, because I'm a Phobos-lover, and wouldn't dream of
recommending Tango until the two become compatible, but I can't deny
the option exists.