Phango

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Sat Nov 17 14:07:56 PST 2007

Janice Caron wrote:
>>> I surely hope so. ++myVote
>> You understand that that would mean Phobos gaining Tango's style?
>
> Oh I don't think so. Walter is quite clear that module names should be
> lowercase, and I agree with him.

What is your objection to CamelCase module names?

> I kid you not - if Tango used "normal" case conventions, it would have
> a lot more adherents.

This seems a bit extreme.  The only variables I can think of in Tango
are Stdin, Stdout, and Stderr.  And these could easily be aliased to
something else if the user finds the names offensive.

> In any case, I am currently crafting my own personally bastardised
> version of Tango. I've already got a significant fraction of it
> compiling under D2.007 (including Phobos), and yes I renamed all the
> module names to lowercase. And I'll probably make "Stdout" merely an
> alias for "stdout" too (etc.)

You may run into conflicts with the C file handle of the same name.

> Seriously - Tango's stylistic issues are a big turn-off. Tango
> folk,when you complete your integration with Phobos, please, please
> fix them.

Please suggest an alternate formatting style and explain why it is better.

Sean