Phango

Kris foo at bar.com
Sat Nov 17 14:46:33 PST 2007

There's a fair chance the poster below is actually Janice, but just in case
there really is someone voicing an honest opinion there, read on ...

What many people fail to realize is that software doesn't survive without
nurture. In fact, when you forcibly freeze software, it tends to die quite
quickly (this is what happened to Simula, for those who follow language
history, and it's somewhat relevant here since Simula is perhaps the closest
relative to D).

The take-home message is that Tango will continue to develop, grow, improve,
mature, in a non-static fashion. If anyone wants to chase that with a
redundant copy, that's their folly. Making a copy of Tango functionality is
only inviting more work for yourselves, and generating out-of-date
functionality for others to operate with. Isn't that obvious?

The recommendation is this: if you'd like something changed within Tango,
then request it. We can't always please everyone, but we do manage to make a
lot of people happy with the (often real-time) changes we do make. Having
said that, requesting sweeping stylistic changes, based purely upon personal
preference, is likely to conflict with the personal preference of others.
It's very hard to resolve such a dilemma, as I'm sure everyone can
understand.

- Kris

news:fhnplh$1cs3$1 at digitalmars.com...