Phango

Kris foo at bar.com
Sat Nov 17 15:12:19 PST 2007

"renoX" <renosky at free.fr> wrote in message
news:fhnr42$1ego$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Easy: when in Romes do like Romans i.e. coherency beats 'invent your own
> style' any time of the day, otherwise big projects looks ugly.
>
> So Tango should really follow convention used by Walter in Phobos.
>
> Not following this simple rule looks 'amateurish' from Tango's guys, sorry
> for the harsh word but that's my view.

No problem, renoX, but there's at least two strawmen in your post. Maybe
three:

1) "big projects look ugly" -- unsustained nonsense :)

2) "convention used by Walter" -- phobos is a mix of all kinds of
non-cohesive design and implementation. So much for convention :)

3) "amatuerish" because of a minor variation in style?  Digging for
mountainous molehills, my friend :)

Further, there a vague implication that Tango is somehow non-coherent, and
that we 'invented' our own style of using camelCase for global variables and
module names. LOL!
Well, we didn't invent anything new. Those idioms have been used very
successfully by millions of programmers for decades.

This is great! No offence taken, RenoX, and none intended toward you ... but
you might as well say that "D sucks goat turds" because it changes how C
programmers view the world. Yeah, I know people don't like change, but
seriously.

If you truly feel the use of CamelCase in global vars is just too
distressing, please, see a doctor. Such things are /really/ not worth
getting upset about, or bitching and moaning about. To quote yourself:
"sorry for the harsh words, but that's my view"

- Kris