Feature Request: Label assignment / type

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 15:15:01 PST 2007

Janice Caron, el 17 de noviembre a las 07:56 me escribiste:
> On 11/17/07, Joe Pusdesris <deformative0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > A goto is a lot faster
> > than a function call.
>
> What's faster than what is for the compiler to figure out, not the
> programmer. The programmer should state intent. The compiler should
> figure out the fastest way to make it run.

Yeah! That's the kind of thoughts (this and the "goto is evil") that will
lead D to be a real system-programming language =)

D is beautiful because both Java and C programmers can be happy (the former
using it allmost without knowing anything about pointer or low-level stuff
and the latter because all kind of low level tricks can be done easily and
elegantly).

I think label type is a good idea, after all labels are just pointers.

  \  GPG: 5F5A8D05 // F8CD F9A7 BF00 5431 4145  104C 949E BFB6 5F5A 8D05 /
DETIENEN A PADRE, MADRE, TIOS Y ABUELOS: TODOS DEPRAVADOS
	-- Crónica TV