idea: Templates + AJAX = breakthrough application

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Sat Nov 17 22:24:46 PST 2007

Reply to Robert,

> I had this idea a while back, except I used a compile-time function
> not a template.

how could you do it with a function? How would you get to the argument list
of the function or the list of methods for an aggregate type? You have a
good point though, it would almost certainly need to use CTFE for much of
the work, the JavaScript if nothing else. Other parts (argument and return
value marshaling) would be better in pure template code. For instance, I
have a set of template functions somewhere that pack and unpack up a unlimited
depth of dynamic arrays into a byte array. It's only about 30 lines of code
and will suite for any type of dynamic array.