Phango

Kris foo at bar.com
Sun Nov 18 12:19:54 PST 2007

"Alix Pexton" <_a_l_i_x_._p_e_x_t_o_n_ at _g_m_a_i_l_._c_o_m_>

> I will give you credit, Tango is very consistent in its style and much of
> the code is very elegant, but I believe very strongly that the decision to
> use mixed case identifiers for BOTH module names AND classes was a
> mistake.

Thanks, Alix, for offering an honest perspective. It's a shame that it
conflicts so much with your personal preferences. However, fwiw, you'd only
ever see that in the import section at the top of a module, so perhaps it's
not so bad? You can also use import renaming, or you can group Tango package
imports into a single wrapper import (which lots of people have already
asked for). For example, other people have been asking for this:

# import tango.io.stream.all;

> All the other issues I have with the layout of the library stem from this,
> but it seems that you are an immovable object, and alas I am not an
> unstoppable force.

That's not the case at all. As I've said a couple of times in this thread:
as much as we might like to, we can't go making sweeping changes to the
library based upon a personal preference, because such changes would
inevitably conflict with the personal preference of others. There's no way
to resolve that dillema. Period. So, it's not that we're immovable at all.
In fact, we're perhaps 'extremely' open to change, and often turn things
around in real-time.

Cheers;