Phango - questions

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 18 13:20:32 PST 2007

On 11/18/07, Kris <foo at bar.com> wrote:
> Please suggest an alternate formatting style and explain why it is better.

Module name components: likethis
Class names: LikeThis
Variable names: likeThis;
Constants: LIKETHIS or LIKE_THIS

Consistency makes code easier to understand and maintain.

> What if that convention proves insufficient for a library that is much
> larger than Phobos?

How can it be? You'd need an infinitely large library before you ran
out of identifier names.

> But wait! I recall not so long ago
> you accused people involved with Tango as being "amateurs", or something
> like that.

Consider the possibility that you may have misunderstood? Alas, I
don't recall the quote you mention, but I'm sure that if you drag up
exactly what I said word for word, I can either clarify the quote or
change my mind or whatever.

All I can think of is I might have said that something or other seems
amateurish. But even then, I also say that about some movie plots, but
still think they're great movies. You may be reading too much into it.