Module naming conventions

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 20:42:00 PST 2007

Bill Baxter Wrote:

> *) Long established convention (~10 years) used by Phobos

About 6 years (2001), I think.

> *) Established convention (~4 years) used by Tango

Less than 1 year. Ares was around before (3 years ago, according to dsource), and also used camel case.

> *) Fine granularity approaching one-module-per-class means D's linker
> will generate smaller executables.

Can you elaborate on this one so I don't have to read the whole Phango thread? Why is this true? And there can still be one-class-per-module (what's one-module-per-class? A typo or am I misunderstanding something?) even with a lower-case module naming convention, so that's not really an argument for camel case.