Phango - questions

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Mon Nov 19 02:28:02 PST 2007

Janice Caron wrote:
> On 11/18/07, Kris <foo at bar.com> wrote:
>> However, it's vaguely amusing
>> to see your hypocracy is without bounds :)
>
> Again, excuse me? Any chance you could just scale down the discourtesy a tad?

Don't hold your breath.  Many a poster has been in your shoes, myself
included.  Heck, Alix is in the same position right now.  No doubt I'll
get some of the same treatment shortly, I just wanted to let you know
you're not alone.

Kris, I wish you wouldn't take comments about Tango quite so personally,
Sean and Lars are in the same boat and you don't see them responding
with personal attacks.  It's quite sad really because despite this you
have a number of quite admirable qualities which I respect you for, but
damn it if you don't make that hard sometimes.

Anyway, for what it's worth you can chalk my name up on the list of
people who haven't adopted Tango due to it's style, naming conventions
included.  Granted it's not the main reason, that being that I don't
have a large enough project to need the many wonderful features Tango
has.  If I did I could probably get past the stlye of Tango if I needed
to, I am a pragmatist at heart once I quell the perfectionist.

As for a suggestion of naming and style, I like the one Janice posted:

Module name components: likethis
Class names: LikeThis
Variable names: likeThis;
Constants: LIKETHIS or LIKE_THIS

Regan /dons flame retardant suit and leaves the building.