The role of Tango

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 04:23:28 PST 2007

David B. Held wrote:

The Boost libraries are obviously an example of high quality design and
development process. To be fair, I want to make some remarks about your
analogy:

The C++ standard library is more than conventions and functionality, it
is a highly coherent suite of concepts. This is very different from
Phobos. Boost is compatible with the C++ standard library in a way that
Tango could never be, even if it was a goal from the beginning which it
isn't.

About the development process: Kris does have a record - on this
newsgroup - of caring highly about the D language, and so do other Tango
developers. I don't see how Tango is under review here, but I can
confirm that when it is, or when you make tickets, posts, whatever, the