Proposal: digitalmars.D.tango newsgroup

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 20:14:35 PST 2007

"Jason House" <jason.james.house at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fhtk1n$17s8$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Don't make me feel old ;)
>
> I like how newsgroups readers give me a choice of interface.  Forums seem
> like ad-hoc creations that only give the options the creator decided on.
> I've never seen a way to monitor multiple forums (on different sites) in a
> unified way.  Recent forum irks would include a lack of any notification
> when someon responds to a topic I created in a tango forum.
>
> Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will respond with all the ways to remove
> my
> issues :)

A lot of newer web forums have RSS feed support.  That's pretty nice.

As for the DSource phpBB forums, they seem to have most of the options
turned off, but you can still have it send an email when you get replies.
As for the Tango forums, I'm not sure but I _believe_ that they will notify
you of replies through your Trac login info; but if it doesn't, they're
developed by one of the Tango developers and you can probably request that.