Phango - questions

Brian Hay bhay at construct3d.com
Mon Nov 19 20:35:22 PST 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> I used to be a big 'm_' guy, but I recently started using trailing
> underscores for private members.  Started doing that after porting
> OpenMesh from C++, which uses that convention.  I was amazed at how much
> more readable all the code looked with the garbage characters appended
> as a suffix rather than a prefix.

FWIW I've grown to appreciate the "my" prefix for member variables.
There's simply nothing more readable and by that I mean that the
ultimate test of code readability is being able to read it ALOUD and
have it make perfect sense. Reading "m" or "underscore" or "member" in
place of the former two just doesn't cut it for me.

:-)