create digitalmars.D.moderated ??

Alexander Panek alexander.panek at brainsware.org
Tue Nov 20 02:34:06 PST 2007

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 02:04:12 -0800
Walter Bright <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> It's been proposed that a new newsgroup be created,
> digitalmars.D.moderated. It would work like moderated newsgroups on
> usenet do, such as comp.lang.c++.moderated. There would be 3 or 4
> volunteer moderators (not me), who would disallow posts that were
> off-topic, me too, spam, lacked content, or contained personal
> attacks. Ideally, the moderated group would set the bar for the
> quality of the messages.

Sounds good to me. I haven't read comp.lang.*.moderated before, but I
hope the discussions can somewhat be seen as educational
archive of rather high-level discussions.

> The original newsgroups will remain as the free-for-all wild west
> that makes them both fun and perhaps a little intimidating for some.
> While I like the wild west approach, many others clearly find it
> uncomfortable.

It's somewhat hard these days to distinguish the wild-west from the
high-quality threads/posts. Apart from that, I prefer the wild west
approach.

(I sincerely hope this is not too much seen as a "me too"
post. :P)

--
Alexander Panek <alexander.panek at brainsware.org>