Phango - questions

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Tue Nov 20 08:56:19 PST 2007

David B. Held wrote:
> I had a lot of help from my friends who led the way.  Obviously, I'm not
> as sophisticated as them...still, I hope I made my point.

What was your point?  That you are willing to post personal attacks
using one of the lowest tricks in Usenet, forging your name as somebody
else?

"Reputations take a very long time to build, but are quite easily
destroyed, and often by oneself"

> In any event, it's dangerous to assume, or even suspect
> when anonymity is at play.  For instance, I find it just as plausible
> that *you* are the "sock puppet" and set up the entire subthread as a
> basis to make false accusations.  Is that "cause for suspicion"?

I've already discussed the issue in numerous times.  I never endorsed
any public accusation of sock puppetry -- quite the opposite.  I'll only
add here that *everything* is a matter of uncertainty.  It's only a
question of how much evidence you have.  This entire newsgroup could be
the fabrication of one person.  Not very likely though.

-Jeff