Proposal: digitalmars.D.tango newsgroup

Robert DaSilva sp.unit.262+digitalmars at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 14:30:00 PST 2007

BCS wrote:
> Reply to Bruce,
>
>> David Wilson Wrote:
>>
>>> In any case I'm happy as long as whatever you choose doesn't involve
>>> a web interface. Mail/news only please. :D
>>>
>> Sorry what's wrong with the web interface? It may not be perfect but
>> it is very convenient (posting from it now).
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bruce.
>>

> 1) your post (and most post from the web interface) break threading
> 2) with the NG you aren't forced to use that interface (with forums you
> are)
>
> I don't so much care if there is a web interface, I just don't want to
> use it.

1. that's a bug in the web interface of this ng (meaning
news.digitalmars.com) *only* (there may be other, but they aren't
related to this ng).
2. No always true, mostly true, but not always true. And forums
generally have a great web interfaces and email notifications.

You seam to think all web interfaces are horrible, have you ever used a
forum that used phpBB? They have great interface and they have a
consistency between them that make it even better.