create digitalmars.D.moderated ??

Clay Smith clayasaurus at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 22:36:02 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> It's been proposed that a new newsgroup be created,
> digitalmars.D.moderated. It would work like moderated newsgroups on
> usenet do, such as comp.lang.c++.moderated. There would be 3 or 4
> volunteer moderators (not me), who would disallow posts that were
> off-topic, me too, spam, lacked content, or contained personal attacks.
> Ideally, the moderated group would set the bar for the quality of the
> messages.
>
> The original newsgroups will remain as the free-for-all wild west that
> makes them both fun and perhaps a little intimidating for some. While I
> like the wild west approach, many others clearly find it uncomfortable.

Part of what worries me about digitalmars.D.moderated, what will be the
focus of the newsgroup? When will one post on moderated vs. d.announce
or d.D or d.learn? Also, I'm not so sure the D community has enough
manpower to pull it off, either.

I'm not familiar with c++.moderated though, so maybe I'm missing a piece
of the puzzle.