create digitalmars.D.moderated ??

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 24 08:21:11 PST 2007

I absolutely and wholeheartedly 100% endorse the creation of a
moderated group. I look forward to it. The moment its door open, I'll
be there (instead of here).

One question though - why does it have to be a newsgroup? As opposed
to, say, a forum. Forums are much easier to access. All you need is a
web browser. But perhaps more importantly, they are easier to
moderate. This is because posts can be edited and/or deleted, by the
moderator, *after the event*.

>From the members' point of view, it's brilliant because members would
then have the ability to complain (to a moderator) about any post they
see as abusive, and if the moderator agrees, then it can be removed.
Essentially, this means members have redress.

>From the moderators' point of view, it's also good, because it means
they can get away with being a little bit lazier when things get busy,
relying on members to make complaints, and knowing they can always fix
things later.