Compile-time AST manipulation API

Maël mael.removethis.primet at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 04:54:16 PST 2007

I'm pretty sure that imperative language can (and will!) completely benefit from such an API, and I wasn't trying to tell you to go with OCaml, but to take some inspiration of the great work that has been done for CamlP4. As for the syntax, it becomes natural only when you exercise it frequently, but once you understand it, I tell you that frankly, you miss it in imperative languages. However, I've heard that Walter was trying to build an hybrid imperative/functionnal language (note that OCaml already is such an hybrid, although the switch between functionnal and imperative, and the object system aren't very "natural" to work with to be honest) and I'd really be happy it this was the case!