of Sock Puppets and Straw Men

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Mon Nov 26 01:23:01 PST 2007

Kris wrote:
>>> 1) that you deliberately subverted the integrity of the ng via your
>>> sock-puppet spoof
>>> 2) that you'd be more than willing to do so again
>> At least I'm honest.  You've never disclaimed being phango at .  Since you
>> seem to want a straight declaration, here it is: I AM NOT THE PERSON
>> POSTING AS phango at .  Let me ask you: Did you make that post, Kris? Be
>> honest about it (because if I didn't add this clause, you wouldn't be).
>

> You claimed earler that it was actually you, and there was no reason to
> assume you meant otherwise. No, it wasn't me who posted that, either. It
> would be great if Walter would check the logs and find out who it was.

I think you must have missunderstood something here Kris, or perhaps I
did.  David didn't claim the original phango posting was him, he claimed
this one was:
http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=digitalmars.D&article_id=61861

I don't know about you but when I read that it was pretty obvious that
it wasn't Jeff but someone playing a prank.  At least, that was my
interpretation.

I don't want to fan the flames which seem to have died down, just to
point out there may be some areas where one or the other of you have
missunderstood the situation somewhat.

Regan