any news on const/invariant?

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Mon Nov 26 14:07:28 PST 2007

Denton Cockburn wrote:
> Any update on the status of the const/invariant changes?
>
> I'm using D 2.0 in some things, and would hate to learn to do it X way,
> only to have it changed on me.

You can get a preview of the new way things are going to look by
browsing the latest source of Phobos from dsource.

I didn't spend too much looking through the changes, but it looked like
D is going to be switching to the C++ style of flagging 'this' as const
by putting 'const' at the end of the function signature rather than the
beginning.

--bb