Tango - shallower hierarchy (was: Phango - questions)

darrylb noemail at example.com
Mon Nov 26 14:37:58 PST 2007

Marcin Kuszczak Wrote:
> I rather wanted to point out what I don't like in it. Of course I can live
> with it as it is, but because it is still before v. 1.0 I think there is
> sense in expressing my concerns? Maybe you will say that it is just a
> matter of my personal taste, but when there is a lot of people who have
> same taste isn't it better to make them all happy?

Of course, and there's no problem expressing concerns. I was mostly replying to whomever said they wanted it changed 'because it was less typing'. Suggesting a change in location because it doesn't belong somewhere is somewhat different than suggesting a change just so someone doesn't have to type so much. :). And also, before anyone thinks any different, I don't have any more influence on how the lib functions than any other tango user.

> My propositions:
> 1. tango.util.collection --> tango.collection
> 2. tango.util.time --> tango.time
> 3. tango.util.Convert --> tango.convert.Convert

Suggesting such changes because you feel they are a more logical separation of modules I have no issues with. I don't care if they are in tango.util.timbuctu.collection as long as my code using them works :). Though if it were up to me, I wouldn't want to clutter tango. with seemingly random things, maybe tango.std?