any news on const/invariant?

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Wed Nov 28 17:56:37 PST 2007

Derek Parnell wrote:
> If this truely is a case where "Head const turned out to be an
> unexplainable, incomprehensible feature." and/or is too hard to implement,
> then I'll go with the flow. I haven't seen evidence of that being the case
> yet, regardless of Walter's statements so far.

The only person I know of who understood it was Andrei. This is despite
many hours spent trying to explain it with pencil and paper, on
whiteboards (at the D conference), and on the n.g. Now, I'll be the
first to say I stink at explaining concepts to people, but I watched
Andrei try and fail at this repeatedly, and Andrei is very good at
explaining things.

I do not know why it is so hard to explain, but it is, and it's clear I
was bashing my head on a rock with it, and that rock was going to sink D
2.0 if it wasn't changed.