any news on const/invariant?

Derek Parnell derek at nomail.afraid.org
Wed Nov 28 19:35:22 PST 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 17:56:37 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:

> Derek Parnell wrote:
>>  ... Head const ...

> The only person I know of who understood it was Andrei.

> I do not know why it is so hard to explain, but it is ...

I though it was simply "the pointer can't change but what it points to
can".  Am I missing the true definition of Head Const here? If so, can
someone please have a go at bringing me up to speed. If not, is that really
so hard to explain?

Also, what is the syntax now for declaring a const function that returns a
const value?

--
Derek
(skype: derek.j.parnell)