Please stop polluting D 2.0 with C/C++ programmer assumptions.

Tomas Lindquist Olsen tomas at famolsen.dk
Thu Nov 29 07:40:24 PST 2007

Hi Walter (and NG).

I've been trying to follow the NG lately (which is fairly time consuming) and I really only
have one thing to say:

1) Remove the support for C style declaration.
2) Make suffix const the only way to declare a const method.
3) Stop assuming C++ programmers wants D to feel like C++.
4) Please...

This stuff is killing me! For the first time in D2.0 history I'm feeling it's on the right
track, but things like:

class C {
	const const int[] func();
}

class ClassInfo {
	void (*classInvariant)(Object);
}

int array[1][2][3];

... just reminds me that actually it's not.

My 2 cents!

- Tomas Lindquist Olsen