D Development Paradigm

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Thu Nov 29 09:17:29 PST 2007

Listening to Walter argue with everyone about const again I had to laugh.
Does anyone else notice this pattern?

1) People propose an idea/complaint about a language feature
2) Walter makes a strong case for the way D does it
3) People press the point but Walter is stubborn
4) People get tired of arguing
5) Many months or years pass
6) For unknown reasons Walter changes his mind and makes the proposed change

I remember a time when Walter disliked the idea of adding templates to D.  I
also remember a time when Walter argued furiously against adding const.
More recently he defended at length the 3-keyword const implementation.  He
always argues his points so adamantly that whenever he changes his mind it
seems like a religious conversion. :)

-Craig