CONSTipation

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 30 10:15:03 PST 2007

On 11/30/07, Regan Heath <regan at netmail.co.nz> wrote:
> The NG is really getting blocked up with const ideas at the moment... it
> seems to me we need to actually settle down and try the new system
> before making judgements and trying to 'fix' it.

I've been using D2.008 since the day it appeared. All of my comments
are based on playing with it and using it, and trying to get the hang
of how it behaves.

> I for one can't really tell yet how the changes will affect the way I
> code my D, so it surprises me that we already have so many opinions on
> how good or bad it is.

That's certainly true. But when you find that

    invariant(int) x = 0;
    x = 1;

compiles and runs, it is surely reasonable to question whether there
might be a better syntax for what are clearly /superb/ concepts.