Installing Eclipse

Janice Caron caron800 at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 1 06:52:18 PDT 2007

OK, that Eclipse video looks so cool it makes me want to start using Descent.

So, I googled "Descent IDE", and found the Descent home page, where it
said: "Descent is an Eclipse plugin".

Of course I had absolutely no idea what Eclipse was, so I googled
"Eclipse IDE", and found the Eclipse Newcomers FAQ, where it said:

How can I get started using Eclipse?

Most people start by downloading one of the four different download packages:

   1. If you are a Java developer and need a Java IDE start with this package.
   2. If you are a Java developer creating Java EE application start
with this package.
   3. If you are a C/C++ developer and need a C/C++ IDE start with this package.
   4. If you are planning to build Eclipse plugins and/or RCP
applications start with this package.

At this point, I figured I'd better ask this forum for help, since I
want to do none of those four things.

Are there any detailed instructions on how to get Eclipse running,
starting from scratch, anywhere? If so, can you point me to them?