Phobos and Tango deep dependancies

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Tue Oct 2 02:14:41 PDT 2007

Gilles G. wrote:

> Hello all,
> I noticed that using the phobos library on windows make the executables
> depend on a huge list of delay loaded DLLs and also 5 "always loaded" DLLs
> (the list is below). I also tried the Tango library and the situation
> seems to be even worse...

I am no Windows guru, but aren't all those system DLL's? You will be hard
pushed to avoid those when using the console. As for Tango, could you
please post a list and the relevant program? Feel free to use the Tango
forums, or create a ticket if it seems to be bug in Tango. Using the same
compiler, Tango shouldn't have more dependencies than Phobos for the same
functionality.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net