"Phango" container classes

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Tue Oct 2 04:40:43 PDT 2007

Janice Caron wrote:

> On 10/2/07, Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar at igesund.net> wrote:
>> > On the other hand, I'd have no problems with just importing a module
>> > to get me lots of cool new classes.
>>
>> This is the other reason for people switching.
>
> Ah, but the whole point of this thread is that I don't /need/ to
> switch, because now we know that with about an hour's effort we can
> make those classes work with Phobos. That's what "Phango" (or
> "Phandango") means. I don't /want/ to have to rip out the innards of D
> just to make a string class work.

And my original post could be translated into the following question; If the
runtimes are compatible, why spend time on porting the utility classes when
it would be much faster to install a different runtime (it is a question of
replacing one file) that usually is considered to be better?

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net