"Phango" container classes

Alexander Panek alexander.panek at brainsware.org
Tue Oct 2 04:51:45 PDT 2007

Janice Caron wrote:
> On 10/2/07, Lars Ivar Igesund <larsivar at igesund.net> wrote:
>>> On the other hand, I'd have no problems with just importing a module
>>> to get me lots of cool new classes.
>> This is the other reason for people switching.
>
> Ah, but the whole point of this thread is that I don't /need/ to
> switch, because now we know that with about an hour's effort we can
> make those classes work with Phobos. That's what "Phango" (or
> "Phandango") means. I don't /want/ to have to rip out the innards of D
> just to make a string class work.

Well it's up to you what you want, and how much effort you are willing
to put into /porting/ the parts you try to use - as opposed to just
using them inside the complete Tango environment.

..but before you get started: don't. I have read enough to see your
point: "Don't swim upstream, ffs! What are you doing! That's not
standard!". No offense intended, but you seem to be ridiculously
reluctant to changes made by other than the original author of an
environment (which is Walter in case of D and Phobos). You also seem to
forget, that we're talking all open source and partly even free software
(F/OSS).