Need encouraging...

Arlen Albert Keshabyan arlen.albert at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 08:30:38 PDT 2007

First, I want to say: I do not want to claim for specific features in D. I do not want to say good or bad words towards D language in general. I want to work with D as it already is.

I have definite purposes and aims to port a definite library to D. But... I do not know how to do that (no tutorial URIs, please).

Here is the GUI library I want to port to D (http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce/). JUCE is the cross-platform development framework written in C++ (GUI oriented). There are no problems to port a regular C++ source code to D but... except for the one that uses multiple inheritance. Someone here claims that multiple inheritance might be easily emulated in D through the mixins and templates. But I see no defined way to embody this technique into porting the library mentioned above. Please, I need a help from anyone who can give me a descent advice on how to emulate multiple inheritance in D effectively for my specific purposes or how to avoid using multiple inheritance in D keeping the JUCE functionality intact.

Thank you in advance.